Let’s start with the good news, the qualifying campaign for Hawaii 2018 starts well with the fantastic race of Candice MIZON (2nd overall | 1st W30) for her 1st Full and Sébastien RODRIGUEZ (18th overall | 5th M30) who got their slot.
Unfortunately there was a disappointment for Yannick HENRY who unfortunately did not reach his objective on the IM but who nevertheless wanted to complete the event. His strength of character will allow him to rebound very quickly.
Philippe BERNARD improved his time on the IM distance by nearly 1h with a time of 12h10’56”. Congratulations 🙂
On the 70.3 the results are up to expectations and even above :
- Benoit BIGOT finished 14th pro with a time of 4h06’11”. A satisfactory result within the preparation for the IM Barcelona and the objective on 3h on the marathon.
- Stephane BERNARD finished 6th M40 in 4h23’58” with an excellent bike time which shows the good orientation of the training. The running part was well managed despite an injury that did not allow him to train during the last weeks. On the way to IM Malaysia to track the Hawaiian slot.
- Brice BONNEVIALE finished 76th M45 in 5h18’03”, only 3 weeks after his participation in the Norseman and the win of the black tee-shit.
- Maryline HENRY: is ranked 9th W35 in 5h25’28”. Very satisfactory result considering the volume of training during the last months. The potential is here, it just asks to express.
- Bruno MENNECIER: finished 106th M45 in 5h29’42” for his return to competition and his break of several years.
Congratulations to all!!